Vice President / Director of Investor Reporting – Broadshore Capital Partners (“Broadshore”)
Regular, Full Time Exempt
Broadshore Capital Partners, a leading national real estate investment firm, delivers value creation strategies that leverage its expertise in multiple real estate product types, while maintaining its longstanding commitment to client service through a fiduciary mindset and transparency.
Based in Los Angeles and formerly known as Lowe Enterprise Investors, Broadshore Capital Partners manages approximately $2 billion in assets and intends to grow aggressively in the next five-year period.
Los Angeles, CA
Summary of Duties
Oversee Broadshore’s Investor Reporting function. Responsible for ensuring that investor reporting requirements are met. Provides oversight and sets priorities for multiple teams responsible for preparing and reviewing financial and operational reports on behalf of clients and internal management. Provides oversight and guidance in setting policies and processes to timely, accurately and efficiently meet client and internal reporting requirements. Reports include financial, operational and performance (return) information.
- Leads a team that develops and creates comprehensives reporting packages tailored for each investor that properly communicates the investment results and performance. Reports include single asset ventures as well as portfolios of real estate and debt investments.
- Extracts data from various systems to provide detailed analysis of investments to provide trends and identify key drivers. Analysis includes budget vs. actual comparisons as well as comparisons to acquisition proformas.
- Consolidates and reconciles operational data against financial system data to provide meaningful analysis and reporting to investors and management.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams (accounting, asset management, portfolio management) to achieve efficiency and effectiveness of investor reporting process.
- Manages and is responsible for timely delivery of all investor reporting packages and knowing all the associated requirements and deadlines.
- Provides other ad hoc reporting as requested by Senior Management or investors.
- Oversees Company’s performance information, including time-weighed returns, actual and projected internal rates of return, and assets under management.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills appropriate both for project settings and for interaction with senior staff.
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate process effectiveness
- Ability to multi-task – advance multiple projects/deliverables simultaneously and discipline to bring tasks to completion
- Management experience and ability to set priorities and deadlines and to hold team accountable for timely and accurate meeting of all deadlines.
- Hands on investor reporting experience with an investment management or real estate investment firm.
- Desire to develop and improve best practices for investor reporting
- Knowledgeable in performance reporting, including time-weighted returns and internal rates of returns / understanding of GIPS requirements
- Knowledgeable in financial reporting, including GAAP and market value accounting requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (finance or accounting preferred)
- CPA preferred by not required
- 7+ years experience hands on investor reporting experience with an investment management/ real estate firm
- Motivated, self-starter
- Yardi experience a plus
- References required.