Vice President, Operations – Broadshore Capital Partners (“Broadshore”)
Regular, Full Time Exempt
Broadshore Capital Partners is a nationwide real estate investment management firm with a 28-year history. Managing approximately $2 billion in assets with intentions to grow aggressively in the next five-year period.
The Los Angeles-based firm, formerly Lowe Enterprises Investment Management (LEIM), is a registered investment advisory firm that invests in multifamily housing, senior housing, office and hospitality properties. It serves institutional clients such as pension funds and insurers by focusing on proactive management of properties whose value can be raised significantly through renovations, improved amenities and other upgrades.
Broadshore began as a subsidiary of Lowe Enterprises (Lowe), a real estate firm founded in 1972 by Robert J. Lowe. In 2010, Guardian acquired a 50% interest alongside Lowe and senior management, to focus on building a standalone real estate investment management company. In 2018, Guardian reached an agreement to increase its stake to a target of 80%, with the remainder belonging to Broadshore’s senior management. Upon closing, LEIM was renamed Broadshore. The longstanding partnership between Broadshore and Guardian, which has its own extensive real estate investment platform, helps Broadshore position itself for growth with expanded resources and a streamlined ownership structure.
Broadshore plays an important role in Guardian’s overall plan to grow and diversify its revenue and earnings, in part by managing real estate investments for its own portfolio and for other institutional investors. Guardian’s real estate asset management companies have grown assets under management over the past few years to nearly $9 billion.
Los Angeles, CA
This role reports directly to the Broadshore CEO
Summary of Duties
The primary responsibilities of this role will include the management and coordination of services for all Broadshore employees and partners, including human resources, benefits and payroll, which are provided through Guardian Life, Broadshore’s majority owner; operations support for certain functions including IT, insurance and other shared services; and supporting the CFO and Office Manager in general business operations.
- Recruiting – Coordinate and manage all recruiting efforts with the Company, 3rd party recruiters and candidates for various positions, and partnering with Guardian Recruiting and HR Business Partner through the process
- Coordinate the on-boarding process when new employees are identified
- Manage any employee-related issues in the Los Angeles office
- Coordinate the off-boarding process for departing employees
- Identify/improve on the appropriate goal-setting system for the Company
- Administer the goal setting and performance review processes for the Company ensuring adherence to deadlines and consistency across the organization
- Ensure all employees are properly trained regarding on-boarding, goal-setting and performance reviews; additionally, insure employees trained in primary HR software (Workday) and other corporate systems
- Establish/improve mentoring program and other programs and processes to foster our employee-oriented, high-performance culture which emphasizes empowerment, accountability, quality and productivity resulting in the development of a superior workforce.
- Obtain appropriate level of knowledge (regarding benefits, payroll, the handbook, etc.) in order to respond to questions or assist employees with issues
- Communicate and implement updated requirements requested by the Ownership
- Organization departmental planning
- Establish and maintain job descriptions for all employees
- Ownership and development of the Company organization chart as well as policies and related documentation
- Assist CFO in implementation of company compensation plan
- Stay abreast of market compensation and oversee completion of industry compensation surveys
- Support Operations
- Support administration of certain shared services including insurance and IT which are provided by Broadshore’s majority owner, Guardian Life
- Assist CFO and Office Manager with general office and company operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- 10+ years work experience – real estate experience a plus
- HR and office operations experience preferred
- Organized, detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Team player – ability to work and collaborate with multiple managers
- Strong writing skills
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Workday and Powerpoint